When ordering goods from non-Canadian suppliers:
- Complete the PCard Fax Order Form and send to the university customs broker - Thompson, Ahern & Company Ltd. (TACO). The form can either be sent directly to TACO via fax or email, or it can be sent to Purchasing Services if there are other documents that need to be sent to TACO. This form helps to ensure that you receive your goods without delay and additional costs.
- Send the Shipping to Canada Instructions for Credit Card Purchases form with your order form to the supplier.
When receiving a shipment via courier DO NOT authorize the courier to handle any customs clearance. Power of attorney to clear customs shipments, prepare customs documentation, and pay duties and taxes has been assigned to the university's contracted customs broker - Thompson, Ahern & Company Ltd.
- Any shipments naming the University of Saskatchewan as the "Importer of Record" should be directed to Thompson, Ahern & Company Ltd.
- Shipments marked as "bill shipper", means that the shipper is the "Importer of Record" and they are responsible for assigning a customs broker and handling all customs related issues and costs.
- All discrepancies between what was ordered, received and paid must be reported to Purchasing Services. Failure to do so may result in penalties assessed by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).
Tel: (306) 966-6713
Fax: (306) 966-8342