USask COVID-19 Contractor Declaration
As of Sept. 24, 2021, all contractors, vendors and service providers are required to be in compliance with the USask Mandatory Self-disclosure and Proof of Vaccination Status Protocol and Mandatory Rapid Antigen Testing and Daily Symptom Checklist expectation.
The COVID protocols for contractors, vendors, and service providers include:
- Proof of having received two doses of a World Health Organization (WHO)-approved COVID-19 vaccine (ie. E-health record or provincial vaccine proof QR code)
- Or unvaccinated individuals or individuals having received only one does of a (WHO)-approved vaccine, must:
- Maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test that was taken within 72 hours of arriving on campus
- Maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test every 72 hours while working on campus
- Daily completion of a COVID-19 Self-Monitoring Checklist as managed by the contractor for their workers
Contractors, vendors and service providers are required to be in compliance with all other current COVID-19 protocols including:
- Wearing a 3-ply single-use masks in all indoor spaces on USask campuses
- Following all of USask‘s health and safety requirements
Safety Resources, the USask OHS Department is accountable for audit and spot-check for compliance of all USask Health and Safety policies, protocols and procedures.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or 306-966-4675.
Code of Practice
Contractor Health and Safety Code of Practice
If you are a Contractor or Service Provider, an employee of Contractor or Service Provider or a Project Manager or Contract Authority bringing Contractor(s) or Service Provider(s) to University of Saskatchewan (USask) owned or leased properties, you must adhere to the Contractor Health and Safety Code of Practice. It provides the health and safety expectations, defines roles and responsibilities and provides the processes for safely executing contracted construction or service projects at USask.
Contractor Health and Safety Orientation
Before any contractors, employees of contractors, sub-contractors, service and maintenance providers, Project Managers or Contract Authority to perform work on University of Saskatchewan owned and leased property, they must attend the University’s Contractor Health and Safety Orientation.
Safety Resources has changed the delivery format for the contractor Health and Safety Orientation in order to protect our community's health and safety against COVID-19. We have cancelleed our Tuesday classroom sessions until further notice. However, contactors, service providers and consultants can request a Orientation Package by following the instructions below.
To register and receive the orientation package, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the details below:
- Attendee first and last name(s)
- Contact information
- Company name
- Project name, location and Project Manager or Contract Authority
USask has an Asbestos Management Program that communicates asbestos information to campus occupants and those who are hired to work near or with asbestos containing materials.
If you are conducting any work that may disturb areas with potential asbestos containing material, an assessment to identify asbestos containing materials is required by trained and qualified personnel prior to completing the work. In addition, if any asbestos containing material is observed to be damaged, please report the location to Asbestos Management Program.
For any questions or concerns regarding asbestos, please contact the Asbestos Management Program.
For Project Managers / Contract Authorities
All forms are intended to support processes and/or requirements of the Contractor Health and Safety Code of Practice and the processes related to Projects or Service work at USask.
- Contractor Hot Work Permit
- Contractor Site Specific Safety Plan Checklist
- Critical Lift Plan Checklist
- Demolition Checklist and Permit
- Fall Protection and Rescue Plan Checklist
- Group Hazard Identification Risk Assessment – PROCEDURE
- Group Hazard Identification Risk Assessment – FORM
- Health and Safety Checklist for Contractors
- Lock Out Tag Out Plan
- Pre-Bid Hazard Information Checklist
- Prime Contractor Designation
- Project Health and Safety Performance Summary
- Traffic Control Plan
- Underground Utility Locates